This product is comprehensive covering entire towns, counties or regions. Housing Needs Assessments examine housing conditions, quantify problems and estimate the number of additional units needed. They also identify opportunities and potential solutions for a realistic action plan.
Our analysis considers the relationship between jobs and housing, demographic characteristics, key economic indicators, commuting patterns, employment needs, housing costs relative to income, and both rental and for-sale market conditions.
Over the years, the need for reliable, up-to-date information has grown in many mountain communities as they tackled increasingly difficult solutions and complex strategies. We have supported them with ever-improving assessments.
Areas where we have conducted three or more HNA’s over the past 25 years include:
- Summit County, CO – Breckenridge, Dillon, Frisco and Silverthorne
- Blaine County, ID – Sun Valley, Ketchum, Hailey, Bellevue
- San Miguel County, CO – Telluride, Mountain Village
- Eagle County, CO – Vail, Avon, Edwards, Eagle
- Gunnison County, CO – Crested Butte, Mt. Crested Butte, Gunnison
Needs Assessment From 0ur Portfolio
This assessment tackled challenges including peak summer employment, in-commuting on the rise, retirees competing with employees for housing, extremely limited availability and inconsistent support from within the community.