Rees Consulting has consulted in every ski town and down valley community in the Colorado Rockies and in many areas in the Tetons, Sierras, Cascades and Northern Rockies. High-cost mountain resort communities have long lacked sufficient workforce housing because home prices are driven far beyond what local employees base wages to earning tourism-based wages can afford. Communities are threatened by labor shortages, commuter-created congestion and loss of the middle class.
- Whitefish Housing Strategy, City of Whitefish, MT
- Eagle River Valley Housing Needs and Solutions, Eagle County, CO
- Impact Fee Update, Pitkin County, CO
- Impact Fee Update, Gunnison County, CO
- Grand Area Housing Needs Assessment, Grand County, CO
- Market Study for Employee Rentals, YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park, CO
- LIHTC Market Study for Mason Place Permanent Supportive Housing, Fort Collins, CO
- Housing Intensive and Panel, Mountain and Resort Town Planners Summit, Canmore, AB
The customized services we provide these communities to understand and address their housing needs are grouped into three categories.
Housing Needs Assessments
Providing communities thorough, reliable analysis of their housing problems, needs and opportunities.
Providing private, public and non-profit developers the analysis of housing demand and market conditions needed to plan, finance and develop workforce housing.
Planning and Impact Analysis
Helping towns and counties address their housing needs with visionary goals and objectives, sound methodology, actionable strategies and third-party assessments.