Rees Consulting has consulted in every ski town and down valley community in the Colorado Rockies and in many areas in the Tetons, Sierras, Cascades and Northern Rockies. High-cost mountain resort communities have long lacked sufficient workforce housing because home prices are driven far beyond what local employees base wages to earning tourism-based wages can afford. Communities are threatened by labor shortages, commuter-created congestion and loss of the middle class.
- Arroyo PSH LIHTC Market Study
- Breckenridge – Block 11 Market Study
- Breckenridge – Denison Placer I and II Market Studies
- Breckenridge Short-term Rental Impact Analysis
- Estes Park Area Housing Needs Assessment
- The Evergreen Dell LIHTC Market Study
- Fraser Housing Needs and Development Study
- Gunnison Valley Housing Needs Assessment
- Horsetooth Village LIHTC Market Study
- Policy Study – Aspen/Pitkin County Housing Guidelines
- Stratton Flats Capture Rate Analysis (Gypsum)
- Summit County Housing Demand Update
- Village on Shields LITHC Market Study (Fort Collins)
- Whitefish, MT Housing Needs Assessment
The customized services we provide these communities to understand and address their housing needs are grouped into three categories.
Housing Needs Assessments
Providing communities thorough, reliable analysis of their housing problems, needs and opportunities.
Providing private, public and non-profit developers the analysis of housing demand and market conditions needed to plan, finance and develop workforce housing.
Planning and Impact Analysis
Helping towns and counties address their housing needs with visionary goals and objectives, sound methodology, actionable strategies and third-party assessments.